Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Things I like- Part 1

I thought since I've been stuck inside for what seems like a year I would do a post on things I really like in my house. I also thought it would be neat for Harper to look back when she's older to see how her home was decorated when she was a baby.

Nate would probably say that I am a bit of a nick knack collector (it kind of drives him crazy) but I love all my little objects. I have been more selective over the years as to what goes and what stays, but some of these objects have been with me forever. I don't know what sets some of this stuff apart from just "junk" but I do know when I look at these objects they make me happy.

So here is Part 1-  My kitchen



I love this little red pitcher. I remember it being in my home when I was a little girl.  It's itsy bitsy and makes a perfect vase for a pansy or a violet. I also love these salt and pepper shakers. Ironically Nate bought them.


I love this old rusty pitcher. Nate and I lived in a little cottage in CT and I pulled this out of the woods the last month we lived there. The plant is my favorite plant ever! When I came home from the hospital with the baby it was in my freshly cleaned apartment, my mom knew I liked them and had bought it for me. I couldn't tell you what type of plant it is and I have almost killed it numerous times but I just adore it! Also I really like the feather. I think my brother brought it home one day in CT after a walk. 


I got these tins from Ikea a few years ago. I love the colors and patterns. Secretly I don't have anything in them. They are small so I never really know exactly what to put in them, oh well they're cute.


This little guy was my Nana's. She liked clowns so every one bought her clowns, for Christmas for her birthday for everything. She was probably so sick of them! When she died a few years ago my cousin and I went through her apartment and took some things that we loved of hers from our childhood. But yes there where many many clowns. I decided to take a few of the poor little guys and give them a good home. I love how happy he is and that he is waving, every time I look at him I think of my Nana and see her waving back at me.





These two magnets where also my Nana's, another happy clown and the PA magnet just cracks me up!



Again more treasures of my Nana's! I just heart these two bowls so so much. Everything about them is perfect, the color, the illustrations the size. Everything!

So that's it for my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment